"Reality, as always happens in children's hands, reveals once again its infinite potential for transformation." - Loris Malaguzzi (1920-1994)
Fresh Ayre is strongly influenced by practices worldwide. Incorporating a variety of philosophical methods and experimenting with new ways of being to our teachings we celebrate and envision children as active protagonists of their own learning. With this in mind we intertwine and are inspired by the work of philosophers such as Loris Malauzi, John Dewy, Jean Piaget, Maxine Greene to name but a few. With this in mind we commit to the following characteristics that:
- Children are capable of constructing their own learning
- Children form an understanding of themselves and their place in the world through their interactions with others
- Children are communicators
- We will create opportunities for Deep engagement with the child at every level to build strong relationships.
- Creating a program paced around the schedule of each individual child and providing support while learning how to intertwine it with their daycare community
- An emphasis on documenting children’s thoughts will be visible
- Availability of high quality mesmerizing materials
- Above all, the quality of a child's relationships with both human and non human.
With this in mind Fresh Ayre is a place:
- where collective reflection is part of everyday practice
- where group learning is highly valued
- that strives for experimentation, innovation ‘projecting for change’
- where the environment is considered the third pedagogue (teacher)that recognizes and respects the 100 languages and the aesthetic of learning